Sunday, May 10, 2009

Rockets: Round 2, Game 4





This weekend has been awesome with moms, sports and friends! JR and I went with a group of friends to see the new Star Trek movie. It was so good...the movie was about 2 hours long but it didn't feel like 2 hours and I definitely could have sat and watched for another hour or so. Go see it even if you aren't a Trekkie :) On Saturday, we celebrated Mother's Day with JR's mom. We put together this great photo collage of the family to give her. When mom's get to a certain age... it's hard to figure out what to get them, so you have to get creative. She really wanted to eat Chinatown Chinese so we picked some up and drove to her house in north Houston. My mom is in Hong Kong right now.. so I'm going to call her using Skype tonight.

We then headed home to meet up with Abe and Spicer to go to "The Boiling Crab" (see previous entry). Two of my friends (Alexis, Carl) were meeting us there a long with a lot of our other friends from NASA. I called to tell Alexis we were running late. She wanted to go ahead and put down a name but I was afraid someone else in our group had already done so...I didn't mention in the previous entry that this restaurant attracts certain groups of people...asian and black to be more specific. So I told Alexis "find the 4 white people.. they are probably in our group". And that advice helped :) So all 12 of us ate very happily our share of crawfish, shrimp, and crab. JR and I ordered 9 lbs between the two of us...delicious!

Then Abe, Spicer, Menal, JR, and I headed to the Dynamo game. We had 3 extra tickets...Our friend Terence was suppose to go with us, but his cat got sick (hope she's feeling better). So we got our friend Tej (whom we haven't seen in a long time, I'm glad he came) and our friends Jason and Melinda (who recently got married, Congrats!). Abe and Spicer smuggled in some margaritas (14 to be exact) If you don't know what Black Iguanas are then imagine Capri Suns for adults. It was a good time had by all...except JR spilled beer on me. The Dynamos won the game 1-0. There was this hard core 5 year old sitting by me that kept yelling "you suck dallas".

And now I bring us to today (Sunday, Mother's Day). JR and I met up with my family in Chinatown for dim sum. It was delicious as always. If you have never had dim sum before then you should definitely let JR and I know so we can take you...We don't recommend inexperienced dim summers to try and eat on their own :) That's a post for another day that involves our good friend Mark Kiefer from high school...

JR and I along with my sister and brother-in-law then headed to the Rockets game. WOOHOO!!! it was a lot of fun.. Thanks to Abe for getting the tickets...So the weekend is now coming to an end...going to do a little work and relax...Hope everyone had an great weekend as well!

<3
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment