Tuesday, May 12, 2009

J.R.'s Turn

So now that Jennifer has gotten the blog going, I thought it was about time for me to get in on it...

I'm currently working the early morning shift for STS-125 at NASA. 125 is the fourth Hubble Space Telescope Servicing Mission (HST SM4). At work, I'm a flight controller in the Flight Activities Officer (FAO) group; my call-sign for this flight: Timeline. I make changes to the plan that the crew follows throughout the day. In essence, I tell the crew what to do and when to do it. Unfortunately, I have to work at 3 in the morning to do this :( 125 and its crew will be fixing a few of the components on Hubble. This is going to require 5 space walks in the same number of days... something that hasn't been done for a while. This flight is going to be VERY interesting.

Other than work, I'm not really doing anything. It's about 3 in the afternoon, and I'm trying my hardest to stay awake. Luckily, I only have 10 more days of work left before the mission is over. Two weeks after that, and it's off to Moscow!

No comments:

Post a Comment